Thursday, March 3, 2011

Winding Down and Winding Up

I can't believe we're "suckers" in less than three days. That's what tourists on the departing jetliners we see out over the Bay of Banderas were dubbed a while back. It's smugly funny, when you're NOT soon-to-be-a-sucker yourself!

Today will still be quite normal but, tomorrow, we start packing and storing things away for the rainy summer season that is coming.

We're still managing to see and do new things here. Yesterday we lunched in the countryside at "Rancho Grande Los Pinas" (The Pine Big Ranch) and enjoyed a sweeping inland vista framed by the Sierra Madre mountains looming up behind Puerto Vallarta. And last night, we ventured out to the nearby town of La Cruz and finally found the famous "Philo's Bar" - one of the live music hot spots on the Riviera Nayarit.

The place was pretty full - turns out one of the regulars was celebrating a birthday and many had gathered in his honour. The mood was great, the music was R&B with hints of creole ("zydeco") sound, and we were even included when the huge, quadruple layer, chocolate decadence cake was cut and served! It was the first dessert I have tasted in at least 2 months, and I ate the whole slice. So, okay, I will lift a few more weights at the gym today.

One of the original songs by Philo sung last night was "Adios Mexico" and it was poignant for us.

Time just marches on, and change is continuous no matter where you are. The ownership/management at the country club (where we go to the gym) has just changed. By the time we come back next year, they will have displaced the gym (with the fabulous views of the pools, palms and grounds) and turned it into a 2 level restaurant. That will be nice, but our beloved gym is going to be relocated inside one of their other buildings and will have no windows or views. That makes me very sad and pre-nostalgic (i.e., I am already missing something that is still around at this time!).



I am going to miss the gorgeous warm weather, with the sun that caresses your skin like a solar embrace. I am going to miss wearing sundresses, shorts, T-shirts and flip-flop sandals. I am really going to miss having a tan. I am going to miss being l-a-z-y, because I have to get back to work and re-build a business decimated by the continued economic crunch.

While winding life down in Mexico, I have to wind up for a lot awaiting our return. The first thing I have to do when I get back is testify as a witness for the prosecution in a criminal trial (long story covered in another blog post awhile back). Talk about a rude shock to my system, especially in combination with the weather that awaits us (continued freezing cold and some snow).

This is getting me pre-depressed! I may just have to open that bottle of tequila we picked up at the Jaguar Ranch on our ATV tour and drown my pending "sucker" sorrows!



Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment