Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fun Stuff!

I experienced being "Pigpen" last week when we did our ATV tour. Remember the "Peanuts" comic strip character perpetually surrounded by a dust cloud? That is the "Wild Vallarta" ATV experience through the dry, dusty trails inland from Bucerias!

They do give you goggles and a bandana, or you would not be able to see or breathe most of the time! We rode double on one ATV with John at the helm. It was a piece of junk that pulled really heavily to the right and had a sticky front brake. John wrestled with it for the first part of the trip, but swapped ATVs with one of the guides when we stopped in Valle de Banderas. Of course, the guide's ATV ran like a top, and from there the trip became much safer and more enjoyable - at least for John.

Our main destination was the lovely "Jaguar Ranch" and idyllic spot in the countryside where you can rest, order food and enjoy tequila tastings. We got off the ATV, removed helmets, goggles and bandanas...John gaped at me, burst out laughing, and said "I have NEVER seen you SO DIRTY!"

By this time we had our spare camera which friends had brought down to Puerto Vallarta with them. But I would not let John take a picture of me that filthy. It's true, I loathe being dirty and I didn't want to commemorate it! I'm glad we did the ATV trip - I had won it, so it was free; but it's not something I would ever do again.

Since we had also won that Valentine's dinner at the Cafe del Mar at the Hotel des Artistes in Punta de Mita, we are now on their e-mailing list; we got invited to their 3rd anniversary wine and cheese party with live jazz last evening. Wow - was it ever nice! I took lovely photos with my camera that I can't yet post as our main laptop is acting up so I can't download the photos to it, and my little netbook has no capacity. So, I snapped one with my BlackBerry and e-mailed it to myself so I could post it.



These are happy faces - shiny clean (not caked in dust!) enjoying a wonderful evening out sipping amazing wines and eating delicious nibblies at a luxury beachfront restaurant. Yeah, I would choose this over an ATV tour any time!

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment