Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"White Rabbits"!

It's the first day of a new month, and our habit on waking is to ensure the first words we speak on such days are "White rabbits!". It's something my mother taught me and I all I know is it's supposed to bring you luck in the coming month.

I never asked her where the tradition came from, or maybe she told me and I forgot. Anyway, she's gone now and I can't ask her, but I do carry on with the habit. It's nice to wake up, remember the date, and utter something simple supposed to bring good fortune.

I hope we're lucky in February; I entered a great local contest for a dream getaway at an amazing boutique hotel on the Riviera Nayarit. The contest closes on Feb. 10th and there are 12 packages being given away, so pretty good odds.

It's funny to be in the middle of what is already a "dream vacation getaway" and enter a contest for a mini-dream-getaway...but what the hell. We're here, I saw the teeny tiny little ad for the contest in a local rag, and took the time to send them the required photo and "romantic story". They acknowledged my entry right away, so that was encouraging! Fingers crossed. Toes too.

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment