Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Elliptical View

I have at least one "pinch me" moment a day in Mexico. As humans do, I am starting to take my surroundings and experiences for granted; it simply isn't possible to savour every single second of every single day over the course of months. But I regularly remember to stop, mentally pinch myself, and marvel at where I am and what I'm doing.

Here is a photo of one of those moments - this is my daily view from the elliptical trainer as I start my workout regimen.

Pretty darn nice!

Other pinch-me-moments are seeing grey whales blowing and breeching in the bay, taking in the sunset, hearing the surf break on the beach from our balcony and the birds chirping at sunrise and dusk, enjoying all our meals al fresco, and wearing flip-flop sandals all the time (freedom from shoes!); and, everywhere I look I am surrounded by swaying palms and the majestic, emerald Sierra Madre Occidental mountains.

So, although I don't live in a constant state of slack-jawed amazement, I am still very cognizant of where I am living and what I am being privileged to enjoy.

Beyond that, we only need to turn on the TV this week and watch the weather reporting on the mother-of-all-winter-storms hitting most of the continent north of us, to be reminded that "this must be just like livin' in Paradise"...hmmmmm, wonder if we have any Van Halen on our iTunes...

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment