Thursday, January 27, 2011

Slow Going

I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week for a month now (doing cardio and resistance work), and mostly eating a proper diet. I did drink moderately over the Christmas season (Dec. 25th to January 25th is how I defined that "season"!) but have now jumped back on the wagon.

I think I have been losing weight/toning up, but I don't have a scale and didn't take starting measurements (no measuring tape) so it's anybody's guess. I am going based on how my clothes fit. I tested that this morning by pulling on my skinny Cambio jeans that I wore on the flight down - they were a little tight on Dec. 9th, but quite wearable. And they fit pretty much the same this morning. Maybe the fit was 2-3% improved - there was only a bit of "side-muffin" happening above my hips and no discernable below-the-belly-button-muffin.

I think things are going in the right direction, if slowly. I guess it beats the opposite problem of putting ON weight during winter vacation. At least I know I have not gained. I seem to have had complete success overcoming the edema problem, so I know it's not water weight that's the issue.

What contributes to my illusion of weight loss is that I have a decent tan, and a brown body always tends to look slimmer than a pasty white one!

I am having real doubts as to whether I will be able to shift the last excess 10 lbs off my frame and keep it off. I'm not prepared to make many more changes. I already do BHRT (including hypothyroid meds), eat "right" (no sugars/refined foods, and zero alcohol for 6 out of the last 7 months), take a range of vitamins/supplements, and do cardio and weights.

I wonder what it is going to take, or if I am stuck carrying this extra bulk that I think makes me look a bit square in my face/body and, therefore, matronly.

Well, sitting here typing is not going to do anything to help. Off to the gym!

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment