Monday, July 19, 2010

Rebalancing Act

This is a picture of a rock "inukshuk" that we continuously erect on the point of land that our cottage overlooks. It gets knocked down regularly - mainly because seagulls (also known as "sh*t hawks") like to try to land and perch there.



The inukshuks my husband builds last much longer than my efforts do; he's gifted in construction and knowing what makes a solid foundation. I can get height in my structures, but not stability. Sometimes my inukshuks tumble before I've even climbed the stairs back up to the cottage to view my handiwork from the deck.

This ever-changing piles of stones reminds me that life is a continuous effort to build something beautiful, something meaningful, something that has staying power...and that, despite your best efforts, sometimes it's all going to come crashing down.

You can then look at the rubble strewn about and choose to leave it where it lies or, you can choose to try a new design - one that might be stronger and better balanced, that you can enjoy for a longer time...before the next "sh*t hawk" flaps by to wreck your carefully constructed masterpiece.



Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment