Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Routine: Blog, Jog and Grog

We are settled into a daily routine in Mexico - I call it "blog, jog and grog".

I start the day by writing a blog post, then we head to the "Club Albatros" for a workout, and spend the afternoon at the beach - which often involves a beverage. Although I call that part "grog", my drink of choice has been club soda.

I will confess to having a couple of sips of margarita here and there, but am still successfully resisting alcohol for the most part. I did indulge in one tequila shooter with fresh pomegranate, but who could resist?

And pomegranate is an antioxidant, right?

The no alcohol regime is simply to reduce consumption of empty calories and sugar (to encourage weight loss), and to rest my liver because that could be involved/related to the "attacks" I've experienced this year.

Reintroduction of regular exercise and resistance training is going well so far, too. Speaking of which, it's time to get on my gear and head to the gym.

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment