Thursday, August 26, 2010

Before and After

Hints of fall are already in the air here on the west coast. I find my thoughts are heading south, well ahead of the rain and cooler temperatures that are in our near future.

I know I should be focused on being present where I am currently, but that's just not how my mind works. I like anticipating the future, especially when it's not anticipation tinged with worry.

What I am looking forward to is returning to our southern hide-away for the winter. In a little over two years (and five trips) we turned our plain "Neo-Gulag style" concrete shell of a condo into a cosy little haven. Check it out -



I still have a few changes I want to make, and other touches to add (like I am replacing the accent pillows on that leather sectional - those came with the couch and I do NOT like them, plus they're scratchy!), but we're comfortable and it feels like home.

Just this morning, John mentioned he's got Mexico on the brain and is starting to think about our return - so it's not just me. He's sensitive to the sun being lower in the sky and more shade on our deck at the cottage every day - signs that the Canadian summer is quickly waning.

Today is Thursday, which means $3.00 pints of beer at the Surf Pub for the guys working on our addition (a highlight of their work week!). I'm rarely here on Thursdays, but today I'll get to go to the Surf Pub with them - although I will be drinking sparkling water and being the designated driver.

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment