Monday, August 16, 2010

Marinating in The Wine Jug

Our cottage is located on Wine Jug Bay; seriously, that is the actual name on the map - and it's right next to Moonshine Cove. Obviously this little island was sub-divided by some serious drinkers! We're quite certain the "Moonshine Cove" moniker is not a reference to the play of moonlight on the waters, and we find the name "Wine Jug Bay" completely unambiguous.


Taking a dip in Wine Jug Bay is as close as I get to wine these days; more than 2 months in, my no alcohol and no refined carbs regime is going swimmingly, if I may say. I am down at least 10lbs from where I started, and the numbers on the scale continue to descend. But I have to lose at least another 10 lbs yet. And then I have to keep it off.

Today I may even swim out to our raft, which is nicknamed "The Poop Deck" because of the family of otters that use it as their biffy. Otter poop is evil stuff, so I rarely go onto the raft, and the wood ladder is rotted and needs replacing. So, it's just a destination to swim out to, and not currently a place to hang out. Next summer we'll probably install a metal pool ladder onto The Poop Deck and take it back from the otters, or at least make them share.


The weather has been fabulous the last few days. Our aspect means we enjoy both sunrise and sunset glimmers, which leads to some creative photography - we call shots like this one "catching the sun". My husband, John, is a great sun-catcher.


We had dinner on our deck last evening with some island friends - one was celebrating a birthday, so that made for some festivity and a satisfying conclusion of another wonderful day on Wine Jug Bay.

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment