Friday, August 27, 2010

Camp Counsellor

It had been a while since I'd made the "Thirsty Thursdays" junket over to The Surf Pub. John goes weekly with the boys from Mudge Island, and I am usually home alone in Victoria (looking despairingly through the boxes and files in my office - woo hoo, wild times).

I've been able to spend this whole week at the cottage, so have caught up on some of the Mudge Island grapevine. Some of it's happy news, some of it's troubling.

I'm often asked, and try to help, with the problems that crop up in the lives of our friends and fellow islanders - from dispensing dating advice to advising on dealing with an ex-wife who is withholding access to the kids, to dispensing "Betaine" - a supplement to help with stomach acid problems; and from researching the in-utero impact on a fetus of drug use by a pregnant woman, through to researching and identifying local marine mechanic training programs and admission requirements. It's definitely a mixed bag!

I'm a little like a camp counsellor for the grown kids on Mudge - sort of an interface between their world on Mudge and the outer world-at-large, often via the computer. Guess that makes me a "Google" Camp Counsellor! I'm just happy to be able to help.

Todo bien. (It's all good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment